Police scanner enthusiast taking the hobby of scanning to the next level. Providing two online police scanner feeds a Facebook group and a Facebook page to bring real time statewide (Oregon) information to our followers in real time.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Residential Structure Fire - 1006 SE Pine Street - 8-2-18
At 9:45 a.m. on August 2, 2018, Roseburg Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire at 1006 SE Pine Street. A nearby neighbor reported the fire. Firefighters arrived on scene to find light smoke showing from the second story windows of the residential structure. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and conducted a primary search for victims. It was determined that all occupants had evacuated the two-story home. The home sustained structural and water damage. Firefighters were able to protect the surrounding homes from damage. Two adult residents, three children, and two dogs were displaced; however, no one was injured in the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting the family that was displaced. The structure, which is valued at $75,000, suffered approximately $15,000 in damage. Fire investigators were on scene and determined an unattended candle most likely caused the fire. A total of 10 firefighters assisted with firefighting operations. Other agencies assisting with the fire included Bay Cities Ambulance, Avista Utilities, Pacific Power, Roseburg Police Department, and the American Red Cross. The Roseburg Fire Department would like to remind everyone of the following safety tips to prevent candle fires:
Stay in the same room with burning candles; never leave them burning unattended. Most candle fires start when they are left burning unattended. Always make sure candles are blown out before leaving home or going to bed.
Keep candles away from things that can burn. Keep candles at least one foot away from Christmas trees, evergreen clippings, decorations, presents, wrapping paper, curtains, upholstered furniture and any other flammable items. Always use a sturdy metal, glass or ceramic candleholder.
Place candles out of reach of children and pets. Many candle fires are started when children touch or play with them, or when pets knock them over.
Keep wicks trimmed to one-quarter inch. This keeps the candle from smoking.
Avoid candles with combustible items embedded in them such as twigs, flowers or leaves. These items can ignite and even explode, causing a fire.
Remember to make sure you have working smoke alarms on every level of your home, outside each sleeping area and in every bedroom. Consider a home fire sprinkler system for increased protection