Noah Wilson sentenced to prison for attacking Portland Police officer

 Multnomah Co. District Attorney's Office 

PORTLAND, Ore. – Today, Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt announced that 43-year-old Noah Wilson received a 60 month prison sentence after being convicted of attacking an officer assigned to the Portland Police Bureau’s Sex Offender Registration Detail.

The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office remained in regular contact with the officer and discussed the potential pretrial resolution with her.

She is supportive of this resolution and believes a prison sentence is warranted for this unprovoked attack.

By pleading guilty to one count of assault in the third degree and one count of assaulting a public safety officer, Wilson admitted that he recklessly, under circumstances manifesting indifference to the value of human life, caused serious physical injury to a person he knew to be a public safety officer while that person was working in their official capacity.

When this incident occurred on October 17, 2018, the victim was the primary officer in charge of running sex offender registration for the Portland Police Bureau. Wilson, a convicted sex offender, went to Southeast Precinct to register.

Wilson entered the room, immediately charged the officer, took her to the ground and started punching her repeatedly. In the course of the attack, the officer realized her pinkie finger was severely broken.

Police inside Southeast Precinct heard the officer yelling for help and ran the conference room and pulled Wilson from her.

“This appeared to be a targeted and completely unprovoked attack that resulted in significant injuries to the victim officer, which have prevented her from returning to regular police duties,” said Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Todd Jackson, who prosecuted this case.

During the pendency of this case, the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office learned in the days leading up to and including the day of the attack, Wilson was experiencing paranoid delusions about law enforcement.

Wilson spent the vast majority of 2019 at the Oregon State Hospital receiving treatment after being found unable to aid and assist for trial.

Although he did not make any statements in court, shortly after being discharged from the Oregon State Hospital Wilson previously made comments and wrote that he wanted to take responsibility for his actions.