ELEVATED EVACUATION NOTICES ISSUED FOR MILEPOST 97 FIRE
Douglas Co. Sheriff's Office
UPDATE 07/27/2019 13:50
In conjunction with Milepost 97 Fire managers, the Sheriff's Office is issuing Level 2 "GET SET" evacuation notices for all residences on the west side of the freeway between Interstate mileposts 88-83. This includes:
- Barton Road
- Azalea-Glen Road
- Old Booth Lane
- Harrel Lane
- Hobbs Lane
- Fortune Branch Road on the Azalea-Glen side
- Forrest Road
- Realty Road
- Quines Creek Road
- Mobley Drive
Additionally, all residences off of Upper Cow Creek Road starting at Interstate 5 milepost 88, east to the base of Galesville Dam are being elevated to a Level 2.
Level 2 or "Get Set" means:
• This level indicates significant danger to your area and are encouraged to leave. If you decide to stay, be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice
- This may be the only notice you receive if conditions worsen
- Supply your "go kit" with all the essentials to last 2 weeks
- Stay connected with emergency information and evacuation routes
- Begin evacuating large animals.
A Level 1 " Be Ready" notice is also being issued for all residents living on
- Windy Creek Road at and above Woods Creek Road.
- Barton Road south to Glendale Junction Road.
Level 1 "Ready" means:
- Be ready for the potential to evacuate
- Have a "go kit" ready
- Have an evacuation plan for your family and pets
- Be Firewise and create a defensible space around your home
Residents are encouraged to monitor the situation through official outlets.