ARREST / DRUG SEIZURE
Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team (DINT)
On Thursday, August 15th, 2019, DINT Detectives arrested 51 year old Eric Nelson, of Sutherlin, on suspicion of multiple drug related crimes.
Detectives contacted Nelson in the 400 block of N Comstock Road in Sutherlin. A search of Nelson's residence and vehicle revealed a large amount of suspected methamphetamine and heroin, as well as other drug related paraphernalia.
total, detectives seized over 600 grams of methamphetamine (1.3 pounds), and approximately 100 grams of heroin (3.5 ounces).
All of this occurred in close proximity to Sutherlin's West Intermediate School located at 531 N Comstock Rd. There are additional crimes in Oregon for delivering or manufacturing controlled substances within 1,000 feet of a school.
Nelson was lodged in the Douglas County Jail and has been charged with the following crimes:
- Unlawful Possession of Methmaphetamine
- Unlawful Delivery of Methamphetamine
- Unlawful Delivery of Methamphetamine Within 1,000 Feet of a School
- Unlwful Possession of Heroin
- Unlawful Delivery of Heroin
- Unlawful Delivery of Heroin Within 1,000 Feet of a School